Many small business owners know they need a website but delay getting one created as they are either
- Too busy working IN their business
- Fearful of what it will cost
- Worried they won't be in control
- Scared of being ripped off
- Unsure of the benefit to having one at all
Not having an online presence is kind of crazy in this day and age, where people are using their smartphones and tablets more and more, as well as laptops and desktop computers.
People log in to social media such as Facebook and Twitter to ask for recommendations and expect instant gratification in being able to look at a company website, either for basic information such as services offered, to find a phone number or email, or to shop online. Immediately.
A website should be the center of your marketing wheel, a place that you have full control of to represent your brand, gather leads and sell to new customers and serve your existing ones.
It doesn't have to be overly complicated or hideously expensive.
I choose WordPress to build new sites on - such as the one you're looking at right now - as it is incredibly flexible with many software add-ons available to allow your site to grow with your business.
And if you know how to use Word, you'll be able to use WordPress in no time at all.
But Sarah, I'm not a 'Techie', where do I start?
You are probably looking for some sound advice that you can trust.
Some things you want to consider when talking to website developers are..
- Will the site be responsive - ie. will it look as good on a smartphone or tablet as it does on a computer?
- Will it be optimised (SEO) so it can easily be found by search engines and as a result, your prospective customers
- What information and resources can you provide and what will you need help with? For example do you have professional photographs and copy written, or will you need it provided as part of the service?
- What can be done to help your new site load as fast as possible within your budget?
How I can help you
If you have a site already, you may want to sign up for my WP Care service so I can take a look behind the scenes and advise you if there are changes you can make to get the most out of your site.
If you don't know me already, I offer
- no bullshit
- a friendly and personal service
- honesty and integrity
- a strong desire to help you use your website to better market your business more effectively
I care and want you to be very bloody happy.[/su_spoiler]
Ok, you've convinced me. Now what?
Yay! Please fill in the form on the contact page and I will take a look and get back to you. As simple as that. No obligation and no fuss.